Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Starting to wake up

I don't post much anymore. Not so much because I don't have anything to say. But because of three things:

1. I have too much to say and I'm too lazy to narrow it down.
2. My dear, sweet old painters-taped laptop has gone to a better place. I've been getting to know my new machine, which sports no tape and not much personality yet.
3. I'm getting married in July. Apparently weddings do not plan themselves.

But those are excuses. The real reason is that I'm tired. Tired from school. Tired from moving. Tired from being tired.

Tired multiplies. If you wake up feeling tired, you're going to feel tired all day. Then you're too tired to sleep. And that causes you to wake up tired the next day. Tired eats up entire hours of your writing time. Deletes passages from your brain before you have the chance to type them.

I've let myself be tired for too long. I'm firing up the coffee pot. Buckling down at this new machine. Remembering why I moved here in the first place.

It ain't to nap. I'll say that, at least. Nap time's over. See you soon.

1 comment:

B. WHITTINGTON said...

Sarah,
I've been exhausted lately. Is there something in the air or something going around. Or do we have some sort of writer's malady that strikes when we least expect it.

As for me I'm the biggest procrastinator in the land, enough for all writers everywhere. I've promised myself after our company leaves next week, I'll really buckle down and make myself proud. I hope I don't let myself down.
And hope you have the time to take a good long nap.
Weddings do not plan themselves.
Sending much love and blessings on your special day. B